Saturday, September 4, 2010

Runaway Train

QOTD:
"We accept the love we think we deserve."
- The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (One of my favourite books ever.)
SOTD:

Owl  City - The Saltwater Room

Girl: (Time together is just never quite enough)
Boy: When you and I are alone, I’ve never felt so at home
Girl: (What will it take to make or break this hint of love?)
Both: We need time, only time
Girl: (When we’re apart whatever are you thinking of?)
Boy: If this is what I call home, why does it feel so alone
Girl: (So tell me darling do you wish we’d fall in love?)
Both: All the time, all the time.

--------------

So my QOTD is from The Perks of Being A Wallflower, and I have loved this book for such a very long time. There's this poem in the book that makes me tear up all the time (Yes, you will see a recurring pattern: I am a crybaby =3) and just, parts of the book are so sad. But this quote got me thinking, and I do think it makes so much sense. We accept what we think we deserve don't we? If we didn't, wouldn't we feel guilty about having anything that shouldn't be ours? I think so.

Today, I'm spending time with the mother because she's starting to be all emotional now, tearing up at the aspect of me leaving in a week+. I think it's worst this time because I won't be coming home for christmas which means I'll only be back here in a year's time. Soooo mummy dearest is turning into an emotional wreck but I can't blame her either. So, tonight we're having our sungkai buffet at NurWanita's for some Thai goodness :D I read that they have mango sticky rice as one of the dessert selections. We all know who's gonna have most of that tonight. Hurhur :) I am hoping they have all my favourite things out, NurWanita always has  good food the last couple of times I went over to the restaurant so let's hope tonight will be good and not disappointing like Grazie Mauri's.

I'm having troubles sleeping at night. So I am currently getting very little sleep and my monster eyebags are making a comeback. Whoop! All I every wanted. Great.

I'm also typing this on my dad's tiny laptop thang and I think his spacebar is kinda bonkers already cause it never gives me a space when I click it so I have to keep going backwards to make sure there is a space between my words. And because of that, I shall stop abruptly.

The holidays have started for the schools here in Brunei so have a great weekend people! :)

xx,
Amelia.

No comments:

Post a Comment