Friday, October 5, 2012

Get off my chest.

Hello everyone, it really has been a while hasn't it. I've missed blogging, but will you believe it, I have been too busy. So busy that I haven't had time to sit down and indulge myself in a little blogging or a little tumblr. I will start soon of course. Still learning and deciding how to prioritise my time..

I've been spending some time in the gym these days, trying out new classes, going to existing classes that I know I like already.. I'll say it haha. I'm trying to lose weight. I want to be below 50kgs again, like the old days of 2008 and before when I would never allow myself to be more than 48kgs. Shouldn't have ever let yourself go Amelia, see what you have to work with now? Losing weight is SUCH a bitch. I hate it. It is so difficult to lose weight, even if I do watch what I eat and even if I do go to the gym everyday, I go on the scales every Monday and I am always disappointed and angry at the weighing machine. I really hate it. But argh, slow and steady wins the race right? Just got to be more patient and remember that Rome wasn't built in a day.

Another thing that has been really bugging me is that I never quite seem to remember the importance of this bunch of words:

"You do not need anybody who does not need you.
You do not need to make time for anybody who doesn't make time for you.
You do not need to care about anybody who doesn't care for you."

I really need to keep this in mind, I really need it etched into my mind and soul somehow in order for it to sink in. I want to stop caring about so many people in my life, to be honest but I am finding it so difficult cause I always end up wondering how that person is in life and etc. But no, Amelia, you need to stop giving your time to these people who obviously really do not care enough about you to even make time to ask how you are and etc.

I NEED TO REMEMBER THIS. So frustrating.


A breath of fresh air for this wordy rambling post: Diana and I have bought tickets for a weekend in Frankfurt in the second week of November! I love Germany and I am always up for going somewhere I have not been and thankgod Diana is a good sport to accompany me on this quite spontaneous trip. Last year in November, I was in Oslo with Allisan and the year before, I was in Brussels with Allisan, Diana and Shevie. It's weird that all these little weekend trips always happen in November but, somehow for the past two and now including this year, will be three, years that I've always gone on a spontaneous trip somewhere in November. I am really glad to be going back on German soil. (This will be my third trip to Germany. Berlin in April 2010, and the German/Austrian/Czech roadtrip I had with the girls for Xmas 2011). I am already super looking forward to the food and the language and just hanging out in a new unexplored city again.

I love traveling way too much and it has gotten to a point that I really cannot imagine staying in a same place for months and months without ever leaving the country. I mean, it doesn't have to be be big extravagant trips but small, short, weekend trips would suffice really. Just the thought of being able to sit on an airplane and voila! in 2 hours, I will be on a different land where they speak a different language and eat a different cuisine. So much excitement! :)

Okay, I will now start on some coursework and presentations (I know! 2 weeks into the semester and I'm already swarmed with all this work. Ugh)

I hope everyone who reads this has a great weekend. I'm going to spend mine having an Italian lunch with Jun, Diana and Cheryl tomorrow and then watching Perks of being a Wallflower in the theater (I am SO excited, I've bought the book on Kindle again and have re-read it just to refresh my memory about the book) and then I have a shift to do tomorrow night. Sunday will really just be  day of rest, I hope. It will be good too and will have some time to finish off unfinished work for the week to come.

Lots of love,
Amelia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment