Monday, April 30, 2012

21st BIRTHDAY PARTY

I had an excellent time turning 21 this year! I knew I adored birthdays for a reason.
(^_^)

Allisan did a magnificent job sprucing up our flat and she did it all without me knowing! (i.e over the night) so I woke up and discovered myself in a whole new world. The theme I had chosen (and when I say theme I meant the choice of food items that I was going to make) was mexican, cause who doesn't like mexican food, right? (^_^) 






We made guacamole, salsa, mexican spirals (filled with shredded roast chicken and cream cheese), spiced potato wedges, fajitas (with the options of either vegetables or pulled pork) as well as some special "cocktails" that whipped up hehehe. I love cooking, I really do. The pulled pork took about 6 hours to make but it was all worth it really, it is so heartwarming to see people enjoying the food you make. (^_^)


Unfortunately I didn't take that many pictures of the food :( But yes, if I must say so myself, it was quite a spread. hehe





The girl that made so much happen! Thank you Allisan, without whom lots of things probably wouldn't happened the way it did :)



















I am such a lucky girl.I received two cakes this year both from Allisan! One a huge ice-cream cake from Baskin Robbins in the shape of a key filled with one of my fav flavours and another a victorian sponge cake in the shape of my dream bag a.k.a Miu Miu vitello lux. :D I was very surprised and so happy lah. Omg.



GROUP PHOTO! (^_^)

------------------------------------------------------------------

On the day of my birthday, I just had a lovely day spent with approx 4 important people :)
Allisan, Jun, Diana and Cheryl. 









We also went to watch BattleShip which was a really good movie IMO. Hehe and it has the added bonus of Alexander Skarsgard so yes. :) ehe

At night, we had home cooked dinner which consisted of duck confit, potatoes and a roast chicken pasta bake. Satisfying and good! hehe 






I had such an amazing weekend, thank you to everyone who made it possible. 
Hehe. I LOVE BIRTHDAYS! So annoying that it's only once annually huh :P 

Also, thank you to everyone who bothered to text, whatsapp, call, facebook, twitter. Very much appreciated really! 

Lots of love,
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment