Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Top 5

I haven't done any of this Top 5 post for a bit. TBH, I've only ever only done one and it was ages ago. Now, I am a little more free with my time and therefore to procrastinate my time to do my revision, here are my Top 5 ATM. You will notice they are all make-up products so do forgive me if you're not into this at all. :) Also, I was très lazy to snap my own pictures so I found some online. Hehe

1) URBAN DECAY 24/7 GLIDE ON EYE PENCILS


So far, in my very puny collection, I have 3 colours: Demolition (A matte deep brown), Yeyo (A metallic white) and  Bourbon (brown with gold glitter). I acquired Bourbon first before Yeyo and then Jun got me Demolition. I cannot express how much I am IN LOVE with these eye pencils. First off, let me say that these are my HG of pencil eyeliners. I've tried plenty of pencil eyeliners and so far these have proven to be worthy as my HG. These pencils are creamy, easy to apply which means you won't have to tug at your lids and they last forever. I mean, it takes quite a bit of effort to get them off at the end of the day but for an eyeliner that doesn't smudge, crease, leak (?!) I say it's quite alright. I'm hoping to be able to collect the whole collection! :D I love them.

On a daily basis, I usually use Demolition and Yeyo. These pencils aren't too cheap, it's going for US$19/£13 so it's quite pricey for eye pencils that do require sharpening. But, from what I see, they last quite a while as long as you're careful with how much you use them. Can't wait to see what's the next colour I'm going to pick. I'm thinking of going for a black pencil since I don't have one yet, but on the other hand I've stopped using black to line my lower lid since I find it too harsh. We'll see :)


2) L'OREAL SUPER LINER GEL INTENZA

I've recently moved on from liquid liners to gel liners. Just because. I think gel liners go on a lot less harsh and I love it. I bought the Bobbi Brown gel liner  early this year and while that formula is good, I prefer this L'Oreal Super Liner Gel Intenza more and I am so happy I got it just before I came home for summer! I'm using it in black and I can confirm and vouch that this eyeliner stays on through thick and thin! Through, sweat, sweat, glorious sweat, through the heat, through the rain. THIS LINER IS AWESOME. Haha! And not too expensive at all, bought it for £9 so I think that is quite decent :) 


3) THE FACE SHOP PHYTOGENIC INFINITE CONCEALER
I recently obtained this concealer since Sinda bought it for me (by surpise as well) and I LOVE IT! I use it mainly for my undereye circles and some discoloration around my nose. I really like that it is 2 in 1, one side is liquid concealer and the other side a stick concealer. It only comes in 3 colours and to my knowledge, Brunei only stocks two of the colours. 21 and 23. I am a 21, and the colour fits me perfectly. It instantly perks up my eyes and make me seem so much awake. I love this stuff! It is also very long lasting and is able to last me throughout the day (I'm talking about 8am - 5pm) and it is not greasy or oily. It is priced at B$25 (if I'm not mistaken) and I think it is quite a decent price for a good product.

4) BENEFIT HOOLA BRONZER

I love this bronzer. I had been wanting this for AGES. I always went on and on about it, staring at it wistfully in the shops and one day I finally had it and I bought it. I love it. I'm so happy I finally went to buy it. The colour is perfect, does not look streaky or too orange. I use it mainly for countouring and for some colour on my face. A little definitely goes a long way so I can see this bronzer lasting for a very long time. Benefit's blushes and bronzer don't usually disappoint I think and I've been thinking about getting the entire blush collection but it will take a while since they are quite pricey, being £23.50 per box. I use this bronzer with my M.A.C 168 brush which I think is just perfect for contouring. Don't forget to tap off the excess off your brush though when you use this bronzer!!!! :)

5) M.A.C EYESHADOW IN BLANC TYPE (MATTE)


I only bought this colour just before leaving for summer to Brunei and I am so glad I bought it. Let me clarify that my daily looks, I usually use both the Urban Decay Naked palette 1 and 2. Unfortunately, I only let myself choose one palette to bring back to Brunei and I chose the original Naked palette. What was missing in this palette was a MATTE light brown/cream ish colour and so I went to the M.A.C store during my Glasgow trip with Jun. This colour is perfect and it shows up so well on my skin tone! I use it as my base and sometimes as a brow highlighter colour.

So yes, those are my TOP 5 at the moment! I might do a post one day regarding what I chose to bring back to Brunei for summer! But, maybe one day :P hehe

Lots of love,
Amelia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment