Friday, July 11, 2014

M.A.C Mineralize SkinFinish in Soft and Gentle

I've always been quite interested in what these Mineralize SkinFinishes are from M.A.C. On one hand, I suppose they're mostly highlighters, but I watch a YouTube video or two and there's that occasion where YouTubers use them on their whole face so I am most definitely intrigued by this product. 

On their website, they explain the product like this:

"A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adding buffed-up highlights to cheeks and brows, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face"

Definitely a one-of-its-kind product and I am so happy to be able to add Soft and Gentle (I think it is one of their more famous ones) to my make-up collection! 

I am definitely up for some lovely highlights on the apple of my cheeks, or under my brow bone. I am pretty sure you could use this product all over your lid too, or in the inner corner of your eyes just to give it a little more of that doe-eyed factor.. there's even the possibility of putting it on the cupids bow of your lip to make it more defined! :D I'm going to be playing around a lot with this product. How exciting! 

I was told my the Sales Assistant that these Mineralize Skinfinish now come in a new packaging. To be honest, I think I prefer their previous packaging but when I voiced it out in the shop, the SA did say,"oh really, I think this is a lot nicer." .. hmm. Oh well, to each their own. If you own a Mineralize Skinfinish compact in it's old style, which do you prefer? Let me know! 

Here's how it looks like now: 
The compact is a little domed on the top which is fine, I suppose. But that also means that if I put it the wrong side up, it won't be completely flat. I'm a clumsy person, so I definitely would've preferred it if it could be laid flat/
 There was also quite a bit of fallout around the packaging too. The actual product is BEAUTIFUL. I mean, will you just look at this: 

 Here are a few more true-to-colour shots: 

I think the thing with these MSF is that they look like a glaxy on their own. Gorgeous and just that sheen that magpies (like myself) just can't stop being drawn to! There is a lot of product here and I can tell it's going to last me quite a while :D Which is good considering this cost RM120 a pop.

Here is a simple swatch on my hand (keep in mind, I am a NC20-25). You can tell already that it is going to look so pretty on the highpoints of your face right! hehehe Also, it is super easy to blend out, so you don't have to be too afraid of having too much concentrated on one spot:

 I will most probably post a picture of myself with this MSF on my Instagram, so follow me there if you haven't already! Mostly selfies, pictures of people I love and food! Here's my Instagram name: pinkedgloss.

I hope you enjoyed that brief discussion (??) about MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle! Do you own any other colours? If you do, let me know which is your favourite! I know some of them are dark enough to be carried off as blushers, or even bronzers. Hehe 

On a more personal sidenote, I have been neglecting this space for a bit not by choice. I've been super busy with my job.. next week will be my 1 month in the new company! Can you believe it? Time passes by way too quickly now a days. Anyway, I've only just completed my first ever quarter close and it meant weekends in the office and late nights for a couple of nights. 

I am pretty much tired out, but will be heading out tonight :D After all, it is a Friday night and I am blessed in a way that I actually have something to do tonight. Hehe.

Also, my darling Chloe will be visiting this weekend, so it's going to be so fun showing her around this place I call home now.

I hope everyone of you are well. 

Lots of love,
Amelia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment