Saturday, August 9, 2014

3CE XXX, Kiss Woo, Pink Boom and Showtime

After months and months of lusting over Stylenanda's Instagram account.. when I knew I was flying to Hong Kong, I knew I HAD to visit their shop. Not for their clothes though, god knows just how impossible it would be for me to pull of their style (even though I would very much love) but more onto their make-up brand: 3CE/ 3 Concept Eyes. Don't ask me what meaning does the name "3 Concept Eyes" carry because I don't even know.. they don't only focus on Eye Products too, if you're confused by the name :P 

I had already ONE item from 3CE which was their Lip Lacquer in Pink Boom, courtesy of the most amazing Allisan who bought it whilst she was in Korea. And I love it. I'll get more onto this later. 

This time, I picked up 3 items. Two lipsticks, XXX and Kiss Woo, and one more lip lacquer called Showtime
(L-R: XXX, Kiss Woo, Pink Boom, Showtime)
First off, can I just talk about how beautiful and simple their packaging is? The hot pink ones are a little new (if I am not mistaken) but I love it. They look and feel so sleek!

XXX and Kiss Woo
Before I go on, I know you will be wondering cause it was what Jun was wondering too when I picked these two colours: dafug Amelia, they're both the same shade! Yes, I will not deny that they look similar.. yes, they're both dark reds........... 

But I've been looking for dark reds ever since Maleficent came out! I am actually really obsessed with the dark red lips look. SO NICE! and Vampish! (Not that I want to look like a vampire, but you get the gist) and really, they're both very different reds once worn on the lips!
 
Okay, let's talk about XXX first. It's a very nice brownish-red. And it is mega moisturizing! Much to my surprise since I have been hearing lots of negative reviews bout 3CE's lipsticks. It is probably due to the different colours and their different finishes. This one is definitely matte, but it's so creamy and such a dream to apply! I feel like it looks almost like blood since it's not super bright or blue-toned..


On the lips- without a lipliner. Also, this colour is super long-lasting hehe
 Moving on to Kiss Woo, which is a move blue-toned red and also similar consistency in that it is not drying and a dream to apply! I also feel that in certain lightings it can look a little pinkish. Totally nice to wear on a date I feel! hehe

Ugh, love the packaging so much.
See what I mean when I say it is a little pinkish? :)
 Here, you can see the difference! :D I really like both colours and feel they will complement different occassions/outfits!
L - XXX, R- Kiss Woo.
Moving on to their lip lacquers.. now, I don't quite know how to explain the consistency of these. They apply like a gloss, but they dry matte and stain your lips quite well. It's lovely to wear when you don't want to re-apply too many times. I LOVE THEM. I admit they can be a tad drying.. but pop a lip balm on after they've dried down and you really shouldn't have a problem with them!

Left- Showtime, Right - Pink Boom



Didn't take individual shots of the lip lacquers cause.. I didn't quite know how to.. LOL But here are them on my lips: 

Showtime is a really really bright coral colour, nothing like I've ever experienced! One coat is enough to cover your entire lips and these colours are mega opaque as well! And it really does brighten my face when I wear it I feel. :P


Pink Boom is a really bright fuchsia. Which is great to jazz up any outfits. I've always felt that fuchsia's really my kind of colour, purplish, pinkish and oh-so-pretty :D hehe 


And a swatch of all 4 colours on my arm side-by-side: 


Overall, I am really really happy to be able to add these lovely lip products to my collection! Right now, Stylenanda only has shops in Korea (obviously) and Hong Kong and while I am hoping they will branch out to SEA soon.. (KL FIRST PLEASE), if you're interested in trying them out yourself, sites like LUXOLA and HERMO has them albeit priced a little higher than what I bought them for.


Have YOU tried any other 3CE products? If you have, and have a favourite please let me know in the comments below! I also bought their full cover concealer, but have yet to try it out yet and I'm excited!

I hope you've enjoyed this post. First time ever taking pictures of my lips (not the best looking ones out there I'm afraid. Really fat uneven bottom lips but a girl's gotta work with what she has! hehe). I'll hopefully do more lip product review's in the coming future cause it where my heart is really set in. 

Lots of love, and hope y'all having a great weekend,
Amelia xox

No comments:

Post a Comment