Thursday, September 2, 2010

I want to start fresh, like a baby in a sink.

I must introduce one of my favourite songs ever, Starting Now by the magical Ingrid Michaelson (her voice is Amazing.)

This is her live version, which sounds really just as good as her studio version so check that out too:



Part of the lyrics are:

I want to crawl back inside my mother's womb.
I want to shut out all the lights in this room.
I want to start fresh, like a baby in a sink...
Scrub away all these thoughts that I think of you.

So life moves slowly when you're waiting for it to boil.
Feel like I watch from 6 feet under the soil.
Still want to hold you and kiss behind your ears..
But I re-count the countless tears that I lost for you.

I want to crawl back inside my bed of sin..
I want to burn the sheets that smell like your skin.
Instead, I'll wash them just like kitchen rags with stains..
Spinning away every piece that remains of you.



----------------------


First, her vocals are amazing. Her voice is heavenly and watching her sing live with all that powerful emotions just make me wanna cry and bawl my eyes out. This is such a sad song, it is obviously a song after a break-up and it is just so so so so sad!!!!! I love it. It's a great song! I cannot emphasize how much I am in love with this song at the moment which is a little odd cause the lyrics do not necessarily match to how I am feeling at the moment. But yeah, still a good song nonetheless. :)


xx,
Amelia.

No comments:

Post a Comment