Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hand holding

"And when I touch you I feel happy inside
It's such a feeling that my love
I can't hide, I can't hide, I can't hide

Yeah, you got that something
I think you'll understand
When I feel that something
I want to hold your hand"
The Beatles - I want to hold your hands.  
Hand holding. Holding hands.

To some, it's not much. It's just holding hands, someone holding your hands. But, that's just it. Someone holding your hands. To me, holding hands is so intimate. It's almost sacred in my world. I don't just hold hand with anyone, sure, I'll link arms with my girlfriends, but to hold hands. I hold my mother's hands. That's how much it means to me. (If you don't know, my mother is the most most most #1 important person in my life.)

That is why, when you hold my hands, the feeling never changes. It's always the same. It's exciting, and secure, it's pride and love, it's my favourite feeling in the world. I am always so proud to be able to have my hands held by yours and I am glad that you feel the same way. Heck! I am glad you like holding my hands too. :)

Today marks out 2nd Anniversary, and even though we are not together physically (LDR: 4 months and counting) I still feel as close as you as I have ever felt. Some days I miss you so much that you don't seem real, that you could just be a figment of my imagination, but no, you are real, and thank goodness for that.

Thank you for always being the stronger one in our relationship. Thank you for being the more patient one in our relationship. Thank you for putting up with my silliness and my temper and thank you for never giving up even though at times, I frustrate us so much with all my silly thoughts. Thank you for having hope in us and our future. Thank you for always being so positive.

If I could just talk about one thing that I love the most about you (I love a lot of things about you, and I really could go on and on about everything but.. yeah), it will be your kindness. I have said this once, said this many times, but I don't think I've ever met anyone with so much kindness and I am so blessed to have you in my life. I am always learning from you and I am forever changed by you.

I am glad you took the first step to talk to me this fateful night 2 years ago in Tiger Tiger. I am glad that you took the liberty to walk Allisan and I home that night and I am glad that we gave this a go with movies and dinner.

Happy 2nd Anniversary. 

I love you.
"When I say, “I love you,” it’s not because I want you or because I can’t have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I’ve seen your kindness and your strength. I’ve seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are."
— Anatole France
(In case you didn't get it, you are perfect for me. ^_^)





See you soon love.

Yours now and always,
Amelia xox



No comments:

Post a Comment