Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 21/365

Hellew der everyone!

Today has a been a great day for me and it started off with a super yummy bungkus of a nasi lemak. Gonna try having a heavy breakfast tomorrow and see if it kick starts the day to a fantastic one again.

One thing that I've picked up which here in Malaysia is eating sambal! I've actually never actually ate sambal on a willing basis before moving here to KL!!! But now I eat sambal and I feel like I've wasted all my life not eating sambal and DAMN that's 22 years of not eating sambal.

 I don't really know how to explain sambal. Got this off google.com:

Sambal is sauce typically made from a variety of chili peppers and secondary ingredients such as shrimp paste, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, shallot, scallion, sugar, lime juice, and rice vinegar or other vinegars.

And we eat it with nasi lemak: 

Nasi lemak is a fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk and "pandan" leaf commonly found in Malaysia, where it is considered the national dish. 

And to think I used to eat my nasi lemak plain. with dark soy. WHAT EVEN. (Actually, I think I could still do that now. with a nice fried sunny side up. YUM) 

I am quite hungry thus all this talk about food. 

I hope everyone had a day as good as mine :) 

xoxo
Amelia
  

No comments:

Post a Comment