Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 114/365

So onwards with the journey with #JunInSEA. I want to say JunInMalaysia, but he wasn't only in Malaysia and to be fair, all countries are based in SEA. So why not. Haha

On the second day that Jun is over here, we had to make a road trip up to Kedah (where I was born) to meet up with my maternal side of the family (and my mother! It's her hometown).

Having been out the night before, and only getting sleep at around 4 in the morning... I was awake by 5AM and by 6AM we were both out of the house. *SO PROUD* We decided to get some food in our tums before starting our 6 hour journey on the road - a total of 423 KMs to be exact.

What's better than Roti telur at 6AM??? ?NOTHING. mwahahha
 Anyway, it was really tiring driving for such long hours. It was definitely a first for me (driving- I mean). The longest I've ever driven was maybe for a good 2 hours. But 6 hours or even 3? Nah, never in my life. So soon enough, my hands started getting numb and I was getting uber sleepy. Even though Jun was lovely enough to stay up with me all the way and we were singing along to lots of The Script and the sorts.

Half way through, I realised I couldn't go on (so dramatic LOL), but really. We were already stopping at all the rest stops and I was getting sooo restless that Jun decided to step in! hehe B doesn't have a license yet but I guess the highway was just made of super straight roads so why not right. Here's some pictures of my love driving the car! wh00p wh00p.



I most definitely felt safe seeing as I fell asleep for about 100KM and only had to wake cause Jun didn't know where I had kept my Touch and Go card! Well done baby! :D


I had so much fun driving down with you, love. You're the best companion I could ever ask for! hehe and I am super happy you didn't succumb to the sleepy monster even though you were most probably jetlag as all hell  and tired from having so little sleep!

Anyway, we reached Kedah and was reunited with my mom's side of the family. So there was a whole reunion lunch thing and then we went to ching ming my grandparents and had lots and lots of food in between..

Here's us at a stall trying out Pasembur, mee jawa and had really nice roti telur bawang.
Then our parents sort of went home to chill out but I had to get some stuff done for my dad before I met him in Penang so Wei, Jun and I decided to go check out one of the techy malls. (LOL) and then we ended up wasting time in an arcade! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! We must've spent about 2 hours there.




We stayed there until we had to meet the oldies for dinner, luckily it was just a walking distance away so we did that! That night, we had some really good nasi lemak. (K Nasi Lemak -- if you're wondering and ever wanting to try when you head down to Kedah) and some wanton mee. hehe

Overall it was such a lovely day. So busy from morning to night that I think we all had a really good sleep that night! I think it was quite overwhelming for Jun cause he actually met nearly 80% of my mom's side of the family and we both weren't quite expecting that! I thought it would just be a couple of them lol .

But I'm glad he got to meet them anyway :)

In the next blog post, I'll be touching bases on our 2D/1N journey to Hatyai!
----------------------------

Today marks our 29th month of being together!

This picture was taken exactly 1 year and 2 days ago!

Posted this quote on my Instagram today, but I think it's super app and therefore will post it here too:
"You don't need another human being to make your life complete, but let's be honest. Having your wounds kissed by someone who doesn't see them as disasters in your soul but cracks to put their love into has to be one of the most calming thing in this world."
 And, it is. Thank you for pouring all your love in all my wounds, you've patched me up real well and you're always there to pour more when these wounds reappear. You calm me. So much.

I love you, desperately and completely.

Big chuchus,
Amelia xox

No comments:

Post a Comment