Friday, May 30, 2014

Fun in the sun with Kiehl's? Why not!

I've always been obsessed about my skin. Ask anyone, ask my close friend, my mother, and they'll tell you. "One spot and Amelia makes a huge deal out of it, you'd think it's covering her whole face!" Which is true, I am terribly worried about my skin, even though, I am *luckily* blessed with decent skin so far. In my younger teenage years, I had tons of blackheads and whiteheads on my forehead which made me very conscious about my skin and so, I grew my fringe out and made a pact with my self that I will never let my skin down again!

Recently I've been on a major hunt for a face moisturizer that will keep my oiliness at bay. I've always been one of them oily gals, not even 12pm and my face will look like I have enough oil on it to cook a whole buffet! -- I kid you not. It's terrible. That said though, while my T-zones are terribly oil, I have normal skin everywhere else so that makes me an oily-combi skintype. This makes it tough and really scary (for myself) to try out just any sort of moisturizer. Super skeptical when it comes to buying one! 

Lucky for me, it seems that Kiehl's has come out with a new fresh formula of their Ultra Facial Oil-free Gel Cream!


It boasts a 24-hour  NO- SHINE Hydration which is super super important to me because, it's my lifelong quest to finally find that one moisturizer that can deliver results (hydration) while keeping my face oil-free! No one wants to look like a hot oily mess anytime of the day.. am I right? Especially not in our humid hot Malaysian weather. Sweating like there's no tomorrow, ruining our hard work on our face (Makeup) and just looking really bothered. I also like the fact that it claims to be fragrance-free - so annoying when your skincare smells like a bottle of perfume.. doesn't feel too good thinking about all the fragrance that went into your tube of skincare, paraben-free, colorant-free and most importantly, oil-free.



I have also just recently started reading a whole bunch of reviews for Kiehl's products, and it did sold me on some things, for example, I bought a tub of their Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, and having read so many good reviews on it online, I had pretty high expectations! Turns out, it is just about one of the best eye creams I have EVER tried before - and I have tried a fair few. My mom also bought one of their eye creams, targetted towards older, more mature skin.. and that's the thing I love about Kiehl's (besides their very minimalistic old-school packaging and beautiful shops), they have something for everyone, regardless of age and skin type! Also, the  shop assistants in Kiehl's are usually super friendly which I really appreciate (because nothing is worse that having to speak to a grumpy SA when all you want to do is ask about which product would suit you, or your mom.)


Anyway, in case you're wondering what sparked this post.. it's because The Butterfly Project which is a beauty and lifestyle blogger community here in Malaysia is working with Kiehl's Malaysia to bring us (well, by invitation only so I'm hoping I'll get it!) us some Fun in the Sun next Sunday! And.. I wanna go! :D hehe It would be great to meet the lovely team behind both names and just sounds like a whole lot of fun + I'll get to try this awesome product and see if it'll work as my HG moisturizer! :)

Fingers crossed and lots of love,
Amelia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment