What does my work bag consist of? The usuals.. my laptop, laptop charger, wallet, house keys, car keys, ear phones, tissue paper, an umbrella, and 5 lipsticks. Yup, five. Well Because y'know a girl's gotta have choices doesn't she? (To be completely honest, there's 6 but I've talked about one of them before so Imma skip that. But you can read allllll about it here.)
I am all about the bright lip. Orange, Purple, smack-in-your-face Red but when it comes to work, I know my boundaries. Gotta keep it to the MLBB (My Lips But Better) colours, or the one colour that I am completely obsessed about right now.. the dusty pink/rose (whatever you want to call it. You get the gist)
So here are the colours that I switch about during the week depending on my eye makeup or my outfit or if my lips are chapped or not. HEHE
From Left to Right introducing my lovelies:
- NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Tea Rose (628) - This colour is FABULOUS. The only thing I can't stand is the soapy aftertaste I get after applying the lipstick. It's a little gross but you get over it because the colour is beautiful. Also, because it's not drying at all and it's CHEAP. Coming in at only RM20++, available at your local Sephora.. or anywhere that sells NYX lol
- NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Montegobay - Now this one. I totally forgot I had it, mostly because IT BE THIN AS ALL HELL. I ain't gonna see that in the chaos that is my lipstick drawer. But I found it a couple weeks back and I have been hooooked onto it. Matte and non-drying = WIN. A bit on the pricier side at RM96. SO proud we have a full on NARS store here in Pavillion too.
- MAC Fan Fare - Beautiful everyday-doesnt-matter-what-kind-of-eye-makeup-you-got-on colour. Got recommended this by the SA at the store so I am forever thankful. RM 70 at any MAC store.
- MAC Creme Cup - Now this one is a little more on the Nudy side, and I pop this on when my eyeliner's gone all wrong and because I don't bring makeup remover with me to the gym (where le face painting happens every morning before work), I have to keep layering the eyeliner on till I look like I belong in KISS so I need something to balance it all out. RM 70 too, standard for MAC.
- Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple (035) - Just thought I'd have one brighter colour option with me. Always handy for dinner dates right after work too! Pop it on, get rid of the unsightly backback and voila ~~~ HAHA Not sure how much I got this, check out ANYWHERE with Revlon for it. The formula is lovely, I remember them days when everyone was going gaga for it too.
- Wet N Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in Rico Mauve (E126) - What I've been reaching for most days because it's a) New and b) it's an amazing stain. It stains your lips a pretty pink even thought it's meant to be mauve and I AM IN LOVE. It's non-drying too, unless you've had it on for like a long while, then maybe it'll start making your lips chappy (IS THIS A WORD). The cheapest out of the bunch at only RM19 (I know right, what are you waiting for). Luxola now stocks up Wet N Wild. Hehe You're welcome.
|Soz if the Balm Stain be looking suggestive.|
|Swatches without the flash. Also, finally realised I could just edit the photo and add caption in! Now it's looking more professional.. right? HEHE|
|Here is one with the flash, and I know it's a bad picture. Like my hand is just above some pee-ed stained floor but rest assured it's not.|
I have promised myself I will finish at least one of these tubes before buying another lipstick again. (ha ha ha)
Lots of love