Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Work Appropriate Lips

What does my work bag consist of? The usuals.. my laptop, laptop charger, wallet, house keys, car keys, ear phones, tissue paper, an umbrella, and 5 lipsticks. Yup, five. Well Because y'know a girl's gotta have choices doesn't she? (To be completely honest, there's 6 but I've talked about one of them before so Imma skip that. But you can read allllll about it here.)

I am all about the bright lip. Orange, Purple, smack-in-your-face Red but when it comes to work, I know my boundaries. Gotta keep it to the MLBB (My Lips But Better) colours, or the one colour that I am completely obsessed about right now.. the dusty pink/rose (whatever you want to call it. You get the gist) 

So here are the colours that I switch about during the week depending on my eye makeup or my outfit or if my lips are chapped or not. HEHE


 From Left to Right introducing my lovelies: 
  • NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Tea Rose (628) - This colour is FABULOUS. The only thing I can't stand is the soapy aftertaste I get after applying the lipstick. It's a little gross but you get over it because the colour is beautiful. Also, because it's not drying at all and it's CHEAP. Coming in at only RM20++, available at your local Sephora.. or anywhere that sells NYX lol 
  • NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Montegobay - Now this one. I totally forgot I had it, mostly because IT BE THIN AS ALL HELL. I ain't gonna see that in the chaos that is my lipstick drawer. But I found it a couple weeks back and I have been hooooked onto it. Matte and non-drying = WIN. A bit on the pricier side at RM96. SO proud we have a full on NARS store here in Pavillion too.
     
  • MAC Fan Fare - Beautiful everyday-doesnt-matter-what-kind-of-eye-makeup-you-got-on colour. Got recommended this by the SA at the store so I am forever thankful. RM 70 at any MAC store. 
  • MAC Creme Cup - Now this one is a little more on the Nudy side, and I pop this on when my eyeliner's gone all wrong and because I don't bring makeup remover with me to the gym (where le face painting happens every morning before work), I have to keep layering the eyeliner on till I look like I belong in KISS so I need something to balance it all out. RM 70 too, standard for MAC.
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple (035) - Just thought I'd have one brighter colour option with me. Always handy for dinner dates right after work too! Pop it on, get rid of the unsightly backback and voila ~~~ HAHA Not sure how much I got this, check out ANYWHERE with Revlon for it. The formula is lovely, I remember them days when everyone was going gaga for it too.
  • Wet N Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in Rico Mauve (E126) - What I've been reaching for most days because it's a) New and b) it's an amazing stain. It stains your lips a pretty pink even thought it's meant to be mauve and I AM IN LOVE. It's non-drying too, unless you've had it on for like a long while, then maybe it'll start making your lips chappy (IS THIS A WORD). The cheapest out of the bunch at only RM19 (I know right, what are you waiting for). Luxola now stocks up Wet N Wild. Hehe You're welcome.
Soz if the Balm Stain be looking suggestive.


Swatches without the flash. Also, finally realised I could just edit the photo and add caption in! Now it's looking more professional.. right? HEHE
Here is one with the flash, and I know it's a bad picture. Like my hand is just above some pee-ed stained floor but rest assured it's not.
 I have promised myself I will finish at least one of these tubes before buying another lipstick again. (ha ha ha) 

Lots of love
Amelia xo

2 comments:

  1. Wow! MAC Fan Fare really looks awesome in the flash photo, although it doesn't look the same without flash, lol. Thanks for the recommendations, definitely gotta go and check some of them out soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, they also look different on the lips.. hahaha depending on the colour of your lips. But overall it's a really nice everyday colour to have in your collections (I think) hehe :)

      Delete